Terms of Service
For those who don't speak Legalese, here is a summary of our Terms of Service:
- When you create a game on Play My Code, you still own that game and its content. By using Play My Code to create said game, you are granting us a license to distribute the game on our site for other users and the general public to play. You are also granting a license to Play My Code users, so they can legally play your game or embed it on their website or blog. We can also do promotional activity with your game, such as feature it on our front page. This license is revoked if you delete your game from Play My Code.
- We hold the right to modify or remove any content from Play My Code if we feel this is necessary. This is to cover us should someone create a game which is hateful, pornographic, racist or otherwise offensive in some way, and also should a user upload content which does not belong to them. However, we will not use this right unless we absolutely have to.
- Further to the above: you must own all content uploaded to Play My Code, or hold a license to upload said content if you do not own it. If we receive notice that any content uploaded to Play My Code infringes copyright then we will most likely pull said content from the site.
- We also hold the right to suspend or terminate a user account without notice, again this is to protect us against users who might breach the Terms, upload offensive content or harass other users.
- Play My Code cannot be held responsible for any financial loss or damage occurring due to service outages, downtime, or bugs.
- If you want to use Play My Code to produce a game which promotes your business, band or other endeavour then that's fine. If you want to use Play My Code to prototype, demo or convert a game which is destined for release on another format (for example, some of our users have prototyped games which they later released for sale on iOS) then that's also fine so long as you own the content (and feel free to make in-game references to other versions of your games too). The license mentioned in the top paragraph above only covers versions of games created using Play My Code, versions on other formats are nothing to do with us.
- User Accounts are not transferable, users should not open multiple accounts and users are also responsible for the security of their account.
If you've still any questions then please read the complete terms below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of Service
Your use of this Play My Code website ("Site"), your use of any account created via the Site ("Account") and your use of services provided by this Site ("Services") are subject to the following Terms of Service ("Terms"). These Terms apply equally to all users and/or visitors to the Site. In these Terms, "you" refers to the individual using Services and/or Accounts provided by this Site. If you do not agree with these Terms, you should immediately discontinue all use of this Site. These Terms are subject to change without notice. Play My Code may notify users believed to be in violation of the Terms, however we reserve the right to terminate any Account or otherwise exclude any user, for any reason including but not limited to violations of these Terms, without notice.
1. Site Access
Play My Code grants you permission to use the Site, create an Account and use the Services provided via the Site so long as you agree to comply fully with the Terms. You agree that this Site and any Services are provided by Play My Code on an as-is basis, Play My Code will accept no liability or responsibility should any part of the Services be modified, discontinued or terminated. Play My Code is neither liable nor responsible for access to the Site, any equipment used to access the site or any associated costs relating to your access of this Site. Under no circumstances will Play My Code be liable in any way for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies of any kind present on the Site.
2. Obligations for Registration
In consideration of your use of Services, you agree to provide complete, accurate and current information about yourself ("User Information") as stipulated by the registration form provided by the Services, and also to ensure your User Information is accurate, current and complete following the creation of your Account. Play My Code reserves the right to refuse any and all current or future use of the Services to users suspected of supplying untrue, inaccurate or incomplete User Information.
You may not share or transfer your Account, Account password or other access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently. You shall bear sole responsibility for all use of your Account and for the confidentiality of your password. You agree to immediately notify Play My Code of any unauthorised use of your password or Account, and any other breach of security.
Play My Code will not share or sell any User Information, including names, email addresses and any other personally-identifying information, to any other organisations, companies or third parties. You agree that certain User Information supplied by you, such as accounts held via third-party websites, may be displayed publicly on the Site.
3. Ownership of User Content
Certain areas of the Site allow the submission of texts, graphics, images, videos, photos, sounds, musical works, game scripts and other materials and content ("User Content"). You retain all ownership rights in your User Content, but are required to grant limited license rights to Play My Code, and all users of the Service, as described below:
- to Play My Code, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence (with right to sub-licence) to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that User Content in connection with the provision of the Services and otherwise in connection with the provision of the Services, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Services (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels;
- to each user of the Services, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to access your User Content through the Services, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Content to the extent permitted by the functionality of the Services and under these Terms.
The above licenses granted by you terminate upon removal or deletion of your User Content from the Site.
You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for any User Content submitted by you, via your Account. Play My Code is not responsible or liable for any consequences arising from User Content submitted by you, does not endorse any User Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Content.
4. Submitting User Content
When submitting User Content, you agree to the following:
- User Content which infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property right, or that which violates the rights of any third party is not permitted to be submitted to the Site. By submitting User Content you represent and warrant that you have, and will continue to have for the duration of your use of the Services, all necessary rights, licenses, consents and permissions which are required to enable your User Content to be used for the continued provision of the Services. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any User Content displayed, published or posted by you to the Site.
- User Content that is unlawful, harmful, defamatory, libellous, obscene, slanderous, invasive of the privacy of another person, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, racist, infringing, homophobic, intimidating or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate is not permitted to be submitted to the Site. You agree that you will not otherwise engage in, or encourage others to engage in, illegal or abusive conduct or activities. You agree that you will not post any content that contains personal information about any individual, violates the privacy of any other individual or entity, or anything that you are under a contractual obligation to keep private or confidential. You agree that you will not impersonate any person or organisation. You further agree that you will not misrepresent an affiliation with another person or organisation, nor will you post any content that contains slanderous or libellous comments about others.
- The Site, any related/provided Services and any submitted User Content are for non-commercial use only without the approval of Play My Code. You agree that, without the expressed written permission of Play My Code, you will not attempt to sell access to the Services, sell advertising, sponsorship or promotions placed on or within the Site and/or Services, or sell advertising, sponsorships or promotions on any page of an external, third-party website containing Content (as defined in Section 7 below) provided by the Site and/or Services unless other material not obtained from Play My Code appears alongside said Content and is perceived as being of sufficient value by Play My Code to form the basis of such sales. Prohibited commercial uses do not include submitting original User Content and/or maintaining an original Account for the purposes of promoting your business or artistic enterprise, embedding Content on an ad-enabled third-party website subject to the restrictions specified above in this section, or any use expressly authorised by Play My Code in writing.
- You will not submit User Content of any kind intended or designed to adversely affect the continued operation of this Site or the provision of Services. You will not submit viruses, executable files of any kind, scripts other than those entered directly via the Play My Code IDE, corrupted files, cheat software, macro programs, applications or files of any type not stipulated for upload via the Services.
- Play My Code may access, preserve and disclose your User Content and User Information for the purposes of administering your Account, to ensure the continued provision of Services, to enforce the Terms, comply with legal process and respond to claims that submitted User Content violates the rights of third parties.
- User Content submitted to the Site may be freely accessible on the Site to the Site's users and members of the public, and is not confidential. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any personal data or information that you choose to disclose and make publicly accessible via the Services, and that under no circumstances will Play My Code be liable in any way for the disclosure and public accessibility of such personal data or information. You acknowledge that any personal data or information (or any other content) posted to publicly accessible areas may remain publicly accessible indefinitely.
- Play My Code takes no responsibility for the loss, deletion, corruption, modification, or storage failure of User Content submitted to the Site via the Services. Play My Code is not responsible for the integrity of any User Content submitted to the Site.
- You understand and agree that you have no ownership rights in your Account. Play My Code may cancel your Account and delete all User Content associated with your Account at any time, and without notice, if Play My Code deems that you have violated the Terms, the law, or for any other reason. Play My Code assumes no liability for any information removed from our Site, and reserves the right to permanently restrict access to the Site or a user Account. If you believe for any reason that Play My Code is holding User Content belonging to you which you wish to be removed from the Site, please email email@example.com with details of said User Content.
- It is not the responsibility of Play My Code to monitor the content of submitted User Content. If you believe content on this site violates these Terms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Play My Code disclaims all and any liability in connection with User Content submitted to the Website. Any and all User Content and/or associated Accounts believed to be in violation of these Terms, for any reason, will be removed and/or terminated immediately, without notice.
Parents and legal guardians who wish to allow their children access to the Site and any provided Services should be aware that the Site is intended for a broad audience. It is the sole responsibility of parents/legal guardians to determine whether the Site, the Site's Services and any/all User Content is appropriate for their child. Play My Code does not necessarily monitor submitted User Content, and takes no responsibility for User Content which is not suitable for minors.
7. Play My Code's Proprietary Rights
All text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features and other materials ("Content") present on this Site are either owned by or licensed to Play My Code. Such Content may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of Play My Code or, where applicable, Play My Code's licensors. You acknowledge and agree that the Services and any necessary software used in connection with the Services ("Software ") contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. Except as expressly authorised by Play My Code, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the Services or the Software, in whole or in part. You also agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with the Software, alter or modify the Site or Software without the prior written consent of Play My Code, use any third-party scripts, programs, software or code of any kind to block any/all Content provided by the Services via the Site or the Play My Code Player, interfere with or disrupt the Services or servers or networks connected to the Services or upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment. Further to this, you agree not to access or submit Content through any technology or means other than the pages of the Site itself, the Play My Code Player, or such other means as Play My Code may explicitly designate for this purpose.
8. Links from Play My Code
The Services may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that Play My Code is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Play My Code shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
You agree to indemnify and hold Play My Code, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, employees, and website contractors harmless from any claims and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, related to your violation of these Terms, or any violations thereof by your dependents.
10. Warranty Disclaimer
You agree that your use of the Website shall be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Play My Code disclaims all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the Website and your use thereof. Play My Code makes no warranty or representation about the accuracy or completeness of this Site's content and assumes no liability or responsibility for personal injury or property damage of any nature whatsoever resulting from your access to and use of the Site, for any bugs, viruses or trojans which may be transmitted to or through the Site by any third party, for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content or User Content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Site, that the Service will meet your requirements, that the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, that the results that may be obtained from the use of the Services will be accurate or reliable, that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Services will meet your expectations, and that any errors in the Software will be corrected. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Play My Code or from the Services shall create any warranty or other obligation not expressly stated in the Terms.
11. Limitation of Liability
These Terms above are subject to your statutory and common law consumer rights and shall not limit any rights you might have as a consumer that may not be excluded under applicable law, nor shall it exclude or limit Play My Code's liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence nor any fraudulent representation.
The Site, and any related Services, is controlled and offered by Play My Code in the United Kingdom. Play My Code makes no representations and gives no warranties that the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Website from other jurisdictions do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with any local laws.